Sunday, November 16, 2008

Halloween Festivities

Last Saturday we went to Scott and Christy's Halloween party in Pleasant Grove. We were having a hard time coming up with costumes. Finally Saturday morning it hit me and here is was the finished product:
Here we are as Dwight, Angela, and Angela's cat Sprinkles from the Office. I have a hard time making my face do anything but smile so being Angela was really hard for me as you can see in the picture. Wes was one heck of an awesome Dwight, just look at that part in the middle of his hair. I'm thinking maybe I should go blonde. And Sprinkles was adorable, although her cat ears were made for adults so they looked more like bunny ears. And best of all the people at the party knew who we were trying to be. It was a fun night that had to end a little early because Halle crashed at the party and had to be taken home to bed. We also discovered that weekend that Halle has some stranger anxiety. She cries when people she doesn't know hold her, which is weird because she never cries (Sorry Ty and Whit!).



For family night this week we did our annual (okay, this is the second time we have done it, but we're working on traditions here!) pumpkin carving and movie watching night.
It was a little tricky this year with Halle around, but we managed. This year we watched The 'Burbs which isn't the scariest show, but it has some Halloweenesque qualities ("Ricky Butler says they're nocturnal feeders.")

I do the scooping and gutting of the pumpkin because I am the less artistic one and we would end up with a lopsided pumpkin. Plus after changing Halle's diapers I welcome a little pumpkin guts. It's smells better than her innards. Wes does the carving and I always say no using the little patterns because it is so much more fun to wing it. He always does a great job because he tries to make it even and symmetrical and I just kind of go for it. Here is the finished product: the pumpkin we carved along with the little pumpkin we created. (Michele I am so glad you thought to buy this little pumpkin suit last year after we had just found out I was pregnant. These pictures are priceless!)













Now I just can't wait till Halloween when we put Halle in her real Halloween costume. But for now Happy Halloween from our family to yours!

1 comment:

Tim, Katie, and Chase said...

those are... the most brilliant costumes of all time! Also I love that Halle is Sprinkles! haha