Thursday, March 19, 2009

AWOL

Yes I'm back. We have been MIA. Kendyl inspired me with her comeback post. I figure if a busy working girl like her can take a few minutes and update the fam via the internet, then a stay at home mom can too. So here goes the Bell family highlight reel:

1. We had a great Christmas in St. George (Wes got me an amazing camera which I will use to post super high quality pictures)
2. Wes started and finished his internship with Ernst and Young
3. We lived with both sets of parents for a little bit during the internship (sorry for all the messes, clutter, noise, etc.) We are so grateful you all let us crash for awhile! It made our lives so much easier!
4. Wes was offered a full time job at Ernst and Young after he graduates.
5. Halle has learned to sit up, crawl, pull herself up on furniture, she has even said mama a couple of times, but still no teeth. She growls all the time so we have now named her our monster princess. Her new favorite flavor is artificial cheese (found on cheetos and doritos) definitely takes after her mama on that one.
6. I turned 23 and have almost lost all the baby weight. Those last few stubborn pounds are holding on for dear life.
7. We are now an aunt and uncle (and Halle has her first cousin)! Jake Bodine was born Feb. 28 and he is absolutely adorable. Parents and baby are doing well.
8. We are back in Provo while Wes has a month off before he starts school again in the spring. I am loving spending time with him and all the help I get with our busy body daughter.

Well that's all for now. I will be much better at this once I get Halle's jumper back in my life so I can plop her in there and let her get her wiggles out while keeping my hands free to type. (They're usually busy pulling Halle off furniture befire she falls backwards)

2 comments:

Christy said...

hooray, you're back! sounds like you've had lots of fun these past few months and congrats on the job offer. that's awesome! we are headed back to utah in may so we will have to hang out!!!

Dip It In Chocolate said...

I am so happy you are back. I've really missed the pictures of halle and seeing what you guys are up to. So happy to hear about Wes's job!!

I think all of us have some kind of horrible experience that leaves us feeling like we're terrible mothers. Mine was when Chase fell into the corner of a table I had THOUGHT about putting bumpers on (but hadn't). He was bleeding like CRAZY, and I was freaking out and trying to figure out what to do. I still feel guilty about it to this day.

I think its good to know that we ALL have those experiences and that we all just do the best we can, you know? I think you, for one, are a fantastic mother.