Saturday, September 26, 2009

i date

Seriously, I love our house and I love that we moved, but I have a complaint. Why couldn't I pack up my friends, throw them in the moving truck, and take them with me? I'd take any of my wymount buddies, freshman girlies, the whole dredge family, some el/ed ladies, a few accounting wives, any or all of Wes's mission buddies and their wives. But, here we are forced to dig in and make some new friends.
It feels soo much like
dating.
Oh man, I thought I was done with that whole part of my life. Does this girl like talking to me? Do we have anything in common? Is she just being nice? Does she already have a bunch of friends and isn't in the market for new ones? Will our relationship even work in the long run? (okay, I promise I don't over analyze like this I'm simply making a point.)
Well, I took the plunge.
Tonight is my
"first date" with a girl in our neighborhood who moved in about the same time as we did. (oh my gosh should I wear my purple dress or my black skirt?) The plan: dinner with our stake at the church and the relief society broadcast right after (it's going to blow her mind I know and she'll stay up late talking to her husband about how much fun she had). Here's to making new friends and starting over...again.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, I wanted to go to that tonight! Between Scott's surgery and getting sick though, it just didn't happen. :( I hope you had fun on your "first date." :) (By the way, I hate starting over too!)

Megan said...

Man I know how that is... moving into a new ward when we first got married and I didn't have my family or husband there for the first few months... it was hard. But then after a few months things started to feel right at home. "Dating" always does seem to be a part of life though...

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin said...

It's SOOO true, isn't it? Us women folk especially stress over new friends, etc. Hang in there! I'm sure you'll get many more "dates" :)P.S. Where did you guys move to?

rachel said...

Megan if only our families could 'date' each other. That would be bliss. We are in the same stage right now. EXACTLY! I hate it. It takes me one year to actually feel at home.
Here's to the next 11 months...
Hopefully we will see your cute family at Christmas time. We are coming HOME!!

Christy said...

TOTALLY feels like dating.

i'm excited to date you on friday. :)

katiekimmcdermott said...

You are SO funny!!! Seriously, your blogs make me smile!! And laugh!!! And always have a better day.. Meeting new couples is definitely a lot like dating, but no worries- I think you and Wes are a "great catch"... We definitely always look forward to 2nd and 3rd and 4th dates with you two!!

rachel said...

Sorry Megan. I don't know why our name comes out as "travis" on blogs. But this is Rachel Dredge! Sorry for the confusion.

Rachel said...

I can totally commiserate with you. I hate starting over. With our recent move I am in a new ward (which in PA means I am far away from my old one) but I still do all the church things with them. I like being with them and they like being with me. It's comfortable. I admire your courage!!