Tuesday, August 17, 2010

first haircut

We prepared for the worst when we finally decided to give Halle her first haircut. Can it be called a haircut when all she really needed was her bangs trimmed? She is not exactly known for sitting still. Try brushing her teeth, she is practically a contortionist. We put her high chair in front of the tv and turned on a movie hoping it would keep her from jabbing scissors into her eye kamikaze style. Who knew she would sit perfectly still and smile while dad smushed her face and trimmed her bangs. She looks like a little girl now. I admired them for the rest of the day. I even did that creepy thing where you gather the hair and keep it so you can tape it in a book and look at it always. Very stalkerish, but that's how much I love her.

4 comments:

Christy said...

very cute! she is growing up. i love that wes did the haircut. just not at all something tom would do, so funny to me. :)

Christy said...

in re-reading my comment i'm thinking it might not be something tom would do because i wouldn't let him. turns out i'm a control freak. ah ha.

Megan said...

I also thought it was cool that daddy was the one to give Halle a haircut. Go him and his mad skills! I wouldn't let my dad near my hair with a 10 foot pole LOL

P.S. I'm pretty sure my mom has a lock of my hair from when I was a baby in some book somewhere. And she turned out alright/semi-unstalkerish. :)

Emily said...

Cute! What a milestone! My mom totally has a lock of my hair too. It's a sign of being a cool and loving mom. :) No wonder you kept a lock too!