Sunday, July 10, 2011

st. george 2011: lily

I have discovered that I am a hoarder. No, not the type of hoarder that collects urine in old juice bottles or the kind that is walking on three feet of garbage because little pieces of trash are sentimental to me. But I am, in fact, a picture hoarder. I snap lots of pictures hoping to catch at least one where all the subjects are looking at the camera, the lighting is right, smiles are good, eyes are open, etc. But, later when I go through the pictures intending to delete most of them and keep only the ones that turned out right I find that I am slightly emotionally attached to almost all of them. Especially of our sweet Lily. I can't bring myself to delete pictures of her that may have only a slight change in expression or a slight movement of thehand or the head. I am way too emotionally involved in each one. I find something to love about them all. The way her little monkey ears stick out, the way she always has her toes curled, the little smirk that turns into a grin, the look of her head on her little neck, or the way her eyes get big when the flash is on. These pictures may look all the same to you, but not to me. I need them all. Lily is one of my favorite subjects because she can't run away like Halle.
She seemed to do a lot of growing up when we were in St. George. She chunked up and started holding herself up a lot more. She bats at toys, smiles constantly, and is developing some grabby hands. Her giggle melts hearts. She became reacquainted with Grandma Nimer and loved bouncing with her on the big red ball.
She travels like an angel, sleeps all night, and is possibly a mama's girl (I'm crossing my fingers!).
She is an absolute little bundle of heaven.
My name is Megan and I am a picture hoarder.

2 comments:

Megan said...

i can understand why you are a picture hoarder... lily has the sweetest little smile!!!

Dip It In Chocolate said...

I love that first picture in the bumbo. Lily is so cute Megan!