Tuesday, September 25, 2012

halle's fall schedule

Welcome fall and all the activities you bring!

Back to Ballet
Halle was absolutely thrilled when it was time for ballet class to begin again.  She has a new teacher, Miss Becca, who she adores and a neighborhood friend in her class.  I love hearing her use the ballet terminology that she sometimes doesn't get quite right.  And we all know how much I love seeing her in her little leotard and tights.

Soccer Season Starts
 We signed Halle up for soccer along with a lot of her friends from our neighborhood.  She knew nothing about the sport except that you can't touch the ball with your hands.  At the first practice the coach asked if the kids knew what dribbling was.  They all immediately picked up the soccer ball and tried to dribble it like a basketball.  Our little team had a lot to learn.  At her first game we discovered the kids are not at all aggressive and let the other kids have their way.  And don't you just love all the huddling around the ball. It seems Halle is always running off the field asking for a drink of water and just plain daydreaming.  She has a move where she boxes out the other players like in basketball.  It is not very effective in soccer but it gives Wes hope for her basketball future. Halle is a pretty fast runner and spent the first few games basically running around the other kids instead of going after the ball.  We have been practicing and this last game she finally seemed to get the idea of going after the ball.  She even scored her first goal.  She loves the fact that she has a blue jersey and gets to see her friends.  We are loving this new Saturday family activity.  It is actually something Wes can go to since it is outside.  Go Blue's Clues or Blue Sharks or whatever our team name is.  It seems to change weekly.

Off to School
I felt like a little piece of me died as I sent my best little friend off to her first day of preschool.  Of course, she had to wear a blue dress.  I wasn't planning on putting her in a preschool, but she wanted so much to go to school and be with friends that I gave in and signed her up for a preschool we could walk to that was only twice a week.  It was all my little heart could handle.  Lily spent the morning calling for Halle.  It was hard on me and Lily , but Halle had the time of her life.  She loves her teacher Miss Liz and making new friends.  But I am happy to report she still asks to do "Halle and mommy school" stuff.  And my goodness I think the things I have spent forever trying to teach her at home are finally sinking in.  I bet she doesn't tell Miss Liz "I can't learn" as she runs off to play like she does at home to me.  

2 comments:

ok said...

She looks so grown up!!!! I was just thinking about that video where she was running around the couch going "No! .... NO! ..... No! .... NO!" and here she is playing soccer and dancing ballet?? Where did the time go?!

Megan said...

Wow what a busy little girl Halle is already! And so pretty! She's going to be so well-rounded. :) I bet it's pretty entertaining to watch all the kids run around like chickens for their first game. So cute.