Sunday, May 25, 2014

barlow arts nutcracker

Halle seems to endure dance class simply because it means she can be on the stage at the end of it all.    She was thrilled to be a part of Barlow Arts Conservatory's production of the Nutcracker in November 2013.  
 She danced the part of an angel in her very favorite color.  
It was a long week of late nights and performances.  
She was such a trooper and loved the make up and being on the stage and being with her friends.  
We had family come from near and far to cheer her on.  And little sister Lily was my audience buddy and watched the performance more than once.  This girl is incredibly loved.
She danced beautifully all week.  On the very last night, her foot caught on her dress and she fell hard on the stage.  My heart stopped as I wondered what she would do.  Then I saw her pop right up out of the fog, smile, and jump back into the dance.  
I thought I couldn't be more proud of her on the nights she danced perfectly, but to see her pick herself back up with such poise after a tumble just about made my little heart burst.  

1 comment:

Michele Ashman Bell said...

Halle, my angel, my sweetie, my star. You are a delight and a joy beyond words. Watching you dance thrills me and makes me so proud.