Sunday, November 2, 2014

inbetween

As I have been trying to catch up on all the events of the past year, I found myself dwelling on the photos of all the in-between things.  The little moments that I felt were picture worthy between all the big events.  
A few of my favorites from the beginning of the year.
The day Wes was diagnosed with colon cancer was March 1st.  It is also the beginning of colon cancer awareness month.  Me and the girls wore blue that day in honor of him and all colon cancer fighters.  I also should document that I fulfilled one of my dreams and cut some bangs.  It was wonderful to finally take the plunge, but so hard to maintain them.  It was bittersweet saying goodbye to them.
Just another picture documenting how much these girls love their daddy.
 Aunt Kendyl bought the girls their very own rain boots.  On the street where we live there is a dip in the road.  After rainstorms it is filled with water, sometimes for days.  I mostly try to keep my girls our of this puddle, but i couldn't resist letting them take their new boots for a spin in it.  Their squeals of delight reminded me that sometimes I just need to let go.
 Rub a dub dub, two girls in a tub.  Bath time has been and probably always will be a favorite in our house.
 The man can grow a beard like you wouldn't believe.  We spent this day strolling through city creek. I couldn't help myself and had to snap a picture of my handsome hubby.
  It was incredible to spend the day in the draper temple with family when our Kendyl went through for the first time.  Closest thing to heaven on earth is my guess.
 There is beauty all around, when there's love at home.
The girls' talented Grandma Michele made them these beautiful Anna capes after they both fell in love with the movie Frozen.  My little princess handed out her birthday invitations all dressed up on a windy day.

There is so much joy in the small and simple things.

No comments: