Tuesday, November 16, 2010

insider info

some things you may not know about the bell's
  • halle calls the kit kat candy bar a kitty kat and junior mints are called bimmies
  • when i go walking in the mornings i get happy when the beegees pop up on my ipod
  • wes had an uncle rico moment the other night (you know, creepy uncle rico from napoleon dynamite who wants to go back in time to 1982 so coach will put him in fourth quarter and they could be state champions.) anyways, we were watching the jazz game together and ronnie price was out on the court. wes and ronnie played together at uvu when wes was red-shirting there before his mission. during the jazz game, ronnie was in the corner of the court, shot a three pointer from out there and made it. wes promptly said something like. "i used to make that shot over ronnie all the time. i could do that. i just sounded like uncle rico didn't i?" and yes, he did. i could almost see wes in sky blue pants with a moustache saying, "how much you wanna make a bet i can throw this football over them mountains?" and "back in '82 i used to throw a football a quarter mile." oh i laughed hard.
  • one morning i told halle we needed to go running. (she usually comes with me in the mornings and i let her put on her little nikes and run around at the end) she didn't want to go that morning and said, "we can't go running. your tummy hurts." maybe i am using the pregnancy card a little too often with her and maybe she is getting slightly manipulative.
  • my christmas wish list?: a pair of pink sparkly toms and lots of toys for halle.
  • one day halle and i were in target and i found the most fantastic christmas gift for her and it was on sale! i knew i had to snag it so i put it in the cart and didn't think she would mind. she screamed the rest of the time we were in the store because we had to wait until christmas to open it. she kept sobbing, "santa will open it." luckily she has forgotten about it, but i don't think we will be going christmas shopping together anymore.
  • i really like working wes
  • halle says the word "hair" and it sounds like Nelly the rapper saying "herre" like on the song "hot in herre" oh it makes us laugh.
  • i caught wes talking to himself while he was working out the other day. i think it is one of my favorite things to experience. i wish i talked to myself. i think it is therapeutic.
  • halle wears 4t clothing. yeah, she is two and a giant.
  • halle saw the big "d" for dixie all lit up one night in st. george and was so excited because she thought we were by disneyland.
  • i eat chocolate chex in the morning. do you think that is good for baby?
  • at night halle lays by me until she falls asleep while i read. don't tell anybody but, i kind of like it. pediatricians everywhere are wagging their fingers at me, i know.
  • i am at the "whoa, did she gain some weight or is she pregnant?" stage. let me tell you, it's been fun watching people's eye contact fall from my face to my belly, including bob harper, one of the trainers from the biggest loser. who knows what he was thinking when he met me in my pajamas outside my house one morning.
  • halle likes to sing "home on the range" to the baby
  • the song "you've got a friend in me" will forever remind us of our little halle girl. you should hear her sing it. you might cry.
  • oh boy, we are enjoying ourselves.

6 comments:

Carrie said...

i LOVED reading this!!! there are too many great things for me to comment on so all i'll say is that these kinds of posts are my very very favorite!

Megan said...

This makes me happy. I love how you show that even the smallest things enrich your life exponentially. Sounds like things are going very well for the cute little Bell family!

Michele Ashman Bell said...

Sweetest post ever. I'm so glad you are blogging about your darling family. If i weren't related to you I'd be wishing I were.

Sharla said...

You are hilarious. I can't even imagine Bob Harper looking at my prego belly and wondering. I always love hearing stories about Halle too. She sounds like a crack up.

Shelton and Bethany said...

Hi Megan!

I think I used to have your blog in my blog list, and then when I reformatted about a year ago, I must have done something weirdy with it. Not sure. Anyway, glad to have found it again! Sounds like you guys are doing well. Good luck with the pregnancy!

Christy said...

Love love love the uncle Rico moment. Tom and I got a good laugh. and I can't believe Halle is in 4T! That's Sophie's size and she's like 90th percentile for height! Looks like you may have another basketball player on your hands. :)