Thursday, December 2, 2010

time is running out

It is december, which means i am almost out of time this year to complete the goals I set. It has been awhile since I checked up on myself so here we go...
  • Temple once a month: Yeah baby! I made it every month and even witnessed a special treat. Wes's cousin Max and his wife Tayona were sealed for eternity last month to each other, but the most beautiful part was when their baby boy's tiny hand was placed over theirs and he was sealed to them for all eternity. There is nothing like it.
  • Eat better: I try. I was doing great until we were expecting. The baby wants what the baby wants people!
  • Read some classics: I finished every book on my list and even added in a couple more classics including wuthering heights and anne of green gables. Plus many more books that aren't considered classics.
  • Plan a trip: Our little family trip to Disneyland was really the best trip ever. I think the way we felt on our trip is a little bit like what heaven will feel like.
  • Learn to bake something: The other day I made some peanut butter oatmeal cookies for the women I visit teach. There was no hyperventilation, anxiety, and the cookies tasted fantastic. I definitely can't bake a large variety of things, but I am getting more comfortable with more things and have come a long way!
  • Serve my family, neighbors, and relief society sisters: Wow, this goal has had to change three times. First, it was nursery children, then young women, then our ward split and I found myself on the "enrichment" committee. I love planning activities for the women in my ward. And I do my best to address the needs of the peeps in my home and the peeps that live by me.
  • Do pilates: I did this for awhile and learned to love it. Then it became warm and I was able to run again. I ran most every day throughout the summer and then when I was about 3 months pregnant it became walking every morning and now it is freezing so I sit inside and hope I don't get huge.
  • Teach Halle to share: Well, Halle understands the word "share" and she understands "turns." She will even tell me when she is supposed to share, but she doesn't like to do it and cries every time she thinks she has to share. I just keep telling myself it is all about the baby steps.
  • Be lovely: I have noticed I feel lovely when I am productive and get things done and manage to take a shower. So, for this one I usually judge myself by the state my home is in and the way I smell.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Sounds like you have done an amazing job over the past year! good for you! i wish I could say the same thing about me and my goals from the beginning of the year.... :(

Sharla said...

Sounds to me like you have already accomplished it all. So, when you said you are trying to learn and try more recipes and such, it made me think of a movie. Have you seen Julie and Julia? Its one of my favorite movies of the year. If you haven't seen it yet, you definitely should. It has inspired me to try new recipes because usually I just stick to what I know.