Monday, August 6, 2012

halle turns four

I've discovered it is much easier to have a birthday party on my child's actual birthday, because if I don't I plan a party and then feel I have to do something again to mark her actual birthday.  These days chemo doesn't give me a choice and so I planned a party right before he had chemo and then we celebrated Halle's actual birthday post chemo.  
She has been so obsessed with actually turning four.  She was a little bewildered when she discovered she was still three at her party.  The morning of her birthday when she knew she was finally four she made me watch everything as if I had never seen it before.  "Mom, see how high a four year old can jump" and "Mom, come see what a four year old's pee looks like."  And yes I did actually go look to please her.  
I let her plan her special day and here is what she came up with:
Watch "My Little Pony" and eat eggs in the morning
A trip to the dinosaur museum with an ice cream cone to top it all off.
Open the lalaloopsy package from grandma and grandpa nimer that had been tempting her all week.
JCW's chicken and french fries for dinner wearing comfy pajamas (my kind of girl!)
cake and presents with the Bells
Lily was all about the cake.
After cake she opened all her gifts from family and was very pleased with the loot.
She had been asking for the barbie dress designer for-ev-er and was so happy to finally get one and design her own dresses.  

 Her big surprise was a big girl bike with all the barbie accessories including streamers, a basket, and a horn.  She hopped right on and rode around for the rest of the night.  
Lily had to try the helmet.  
Every time this girl's birthday comes around I can't help but think she is such an amazing kid that she deserves the world.  I have said this so many times, but we really love to celebrate this girl! 

1 comment:

Megan said...

hahaha, that is hilarious that she asked you to come look at her 4-year-old pee. Well, not 4-year-old pee... but pee that came from a 4-year-old. LOL you know what I mean. :) I love that picture of her with her Barbie, it looks like she DEFINITELY had a happy birthday!