Wednesday, January 9, 2013

california vacation: day one

My parents were so kind to take us to california for a week in December.  And even more kind for paying for us to fly there.  While I will admit I was worried about Wes in a car for ten hours, I was even more worried about Lily in a car for ten hours.  That girl is a nightmare in the car and I was so grateful I didn't have to worry about putting her through that and trying to entertain her for that long.
We stayed in Newport and spent the first day getting settled and relaxing.  Our room was by the pool and Halle was always quick to tell me when the man in the speedo was out swimming laps every morning.  
We went to fashion island for lunch.  The one restaurant I had on my list of things to do was True Food Kitchen.  The menu is full of organic and sometimes gluten free unique food and it did not disappoint.
  The girls and my parents had something more kid friendly and after we walked around for a bit.
Halle and I took a dip in the pool in the afternoon.  The warm weather was sure wonderful.  Why don't we live in California again?  
 That night we took a quick trip down to Corona Del Mar to pick up some pizza.  I loved walking around this little town with my girls.   
 The California fun and Lily's antics have only just begun.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

The picture of the girls kissing is too sweet! And I'll have to add True Food Kitchen to places I want to visit and try!