Thursday, January 31, 2013

california vacation: balboa island finale

On our last full day in Newport we rode the ferry to Balboa island.  I loved this little area.  Beautiful little beach houses tucked up close to the sand.  
That's my manly man right there carrying my baby and my floral backpack.
Halle finally got to go to the beach even if we didn't get to go in the water.  
We ate Ruby's diner right off the pier.  
That night my parents were kind enough to watch our girls and take us down to Long Beach to see Andrea and the Los Angeles ballet perform the Nutcracker.  I enjoyed myself way too much.  I love seeing my sisters on stage, add the music from the Nutcracker and I am a giddy mess!  We loved our short visit with her.  
We came home to wake up early and head to the airport and back in time for Wes's surgery.  We loved our vacation and it sure felt well earned after the year we have had.
 Thanks again Mom and Dad for everything!

No comments: