Saturday, January 1, 2011

christmas morning 2010

Can you believe I was the one awake in the middle of the night because I was so excited for Halle to see what Santa had brought? Christmas is so magical with little ones. Halle came down the stairs to see Rapunzel's castle. She calls it the tallest tower. She loved it and knew that a Rapunzel doll wouldn't be too far away.
Every time we asked her what she wanted Santa to bring her this year she would say "princess dolls." Well Santa delivered. She was so excited she wanted them all out right away to play in her tallest tower. We could have stopped there because she didn't want to open any more presents she just wanted to play. It was a dream come true.
This is her saying "it's all the princesses!" right after she opened it.
She loves to play doctor and pretend her patients hurt their arms at nursery.
Why nursery you ask? Let's just not even talk about that one time a few weeks ago her nursery leader brought her to me during church and I found out she was crying because she couldn't move her arm, because somehow she had dislocated her arm at the elbow in nursery. Obviously it was very traumatic for all of us which is why she likes to play out the real life scene in the ER over and over when the doctor fixed her arm.
I performed a Christmas miracle and found her a Rapunzel nightgown in her size that was sold out everywhere online and at the Disney store. I kept calling and calling the Disney store until they had one in her size. She loved it and wanted it on right away.
She was so spoiled by both sets of grandparents and aunts and uncles. I can already tell this winter is going to be a fun one cooped up inside the house with all her fun toys including a kitchen from the Bells.
Halle also enjoyed Jake's gifts.
We are a little short on the pictures this year because I really hated being stuck behind the lens while she opened and enjoyed all her gifts so I put the camera away. So I just got to sit and soak up all the Christmas joy, which I may regret later, but for now I am okay with it.
Thank you to all our wonderful grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins who made this little girl's Christmas special and spoiled all of us with so many nice gifts.

4 comments:

Megan said...

I can't wait to have kids for this very reason! It seems like it will be so magical to watch their faces light up on Christmas morning. :)
And I have to say that I would have DIED to have all those Disney princesses when I was little! Halle is a lucky girl! haha

Mandi @ Vintage Revivals said...

She is so stinkin cute! Love you guys!

mandi

Christy said...

what a fun day! christmas really is so magical with kids. i love it.

we were so close to getting that doll set for sophie for christmas. that would have been a dream come true for me as a kid. maybe next year.

and i can't believe halle's arm was dislocated in nursery! yikes!

Michele Ashman Bell said...

Cutest grandbaby ever! Oh my gosh, Halle and princesses . . . it doesn't get better than that!