Friday, March 18, 2011

special mommy and halle time

I went to the doctor a couple of weeks ago where he told me I was already dilated (TMI??). Inside I started to panic. I don't feel like I have done all the last minute things I wanted to do with Halle before the new baby comes. So I decided to just act like the baby was coming soon and spend a couple mornings doing special mommy and halle things. The first morning we spent playing at McDonald's playplace. Lame? Maybe. But, ever since Halle realized she could climb up to the big twisty slide it is one of her favorite things to do. I bought her some lunch and when she saw apples instead of french fries in her happy meal she said, "why mama? i want french fries." So I bought her some fries, because it was a special morning and let her wear herself out to her hearts content. I love hearing her yell "whoa whoa whoa" the whole way down that big slide.
Another morning I took her to one of her most favorite places, the Thanksgiving Point dinosaur museum.
The big shark is always a little scary for her.
The highlight was digging for dinosaur bones. She was digging for awhile and then realized the little brush could be used as cleaning tool just like princesses, so she "cleaned" the sand pits.
Afterwards we ate lunch at the Thanksgiving point cafe and finished it off with some ice cream.
She is such a fun buddy. She has always been so easy going and interested in new places. I don't believe our relationship is over once we bring baby home I just know it won't be the same. I feel much better about welcoming another child now that I have these last few memories of just me and my little kiks. Nothing has brought me more joy then showing her new things and taking her to get little treats that light up her face. Now if only I wasn't so huge and it wasn't such a big no no at this point in my pregnancy, I would take her to one of those bouncy house/slide places.

4 comments:

Megan said...

I can't believe how tall she is getting and how long her hair is! I am sure that you and her will have just as special relationship once the new baby comes along. I've heard it's one of those things when you don't think your heart can be big enough to hold so much love for two little kids, but once the second one is born you have 100% investment in both of them. You may not get 100% time with each one, but you're such an amazing mom that I'm sure Halle will not be in the least big 'neglected.' :)

Emily said...

She is so adorable! I agree with Megan - she is getting so tall and she is so pretty too!!
I'm glad you two got to have some special experiences before the new baby comes! You are such a great mom! :)

ok said...

Um, is it weird that i'm insanely jealous of Halle's adorable purple tunic?

Do they make them in grown-up sizes...?!

Becca said...

I totally went through this with Hailey right before Kaitlyn was born. I kind of panicked that I was losing my one-on-one time with her. I've been happy to discover that we still get alone time while Kaitlyn naps.
I'm sure Halle will be really excited to be a big sister.
I can't wait to see pictures of your new little one!