Friday, November 8, 2013

first day of kindergarten

I was more nervous than Halle was for her first day of kindergarten.  She was super excited to go.
Lily was not so sure about big sister and best friend being gone for the afternoon.  And neither was I. I kept thinking she knows a lot of the stuff she is going to learn and I can teach her what she doesn't.  It would be so easy to keep her home, but then I saw how much she was looking forward to it and I had to let her go.  
 We were pleasantly surprised to find one of her favorite friends wearing a matching dress, in the same class, and sitting right next to each other.  It made an exciting day even better!
Grandma came to see her off.
 And of course I am one of those moms who watches and waits until they are inside the door.  I sure am proud of this wonderful girl.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Oh Kindergarten! I love Kindergarten! I'm sure she will have an amazing year! She is so grown-up and adorable as always!