Monday, July 27, 2009

what's in a name?

When we chose the name "Halle" for our baby girl we picked it simply because it is an adorable name and it was one of the few (okay maybe the only one) we could agree on. I decided to look up what her name means just to make sure we hadn't named her something that means harlot, loose woman, squatting dog, keeper of the chickens, or something along those lines. Hoping for the best I found a website and looked up all the names of our family and here are the results:
Halle means: heroine (relief!) or rock.
Weston means: from the west town (bahahaha!)
Megan means: pearl or strong
(I think I need to start living up to the meaning of my name better)
Go here t0 look up the meaning of your family's names. Let me know if you find anything fabulous or silly.

5 comments:

Megan said...

I remember doing a project in elementary school where I learned what my name meant, and I remember it meaning pearls, but I haven't heard strong! I also need to live up to that better. :)

Christy said...

christy= christian
thomas= twin
sophie= wise
lincoln= from the lake settlement

he he. very fun.

Michele Ashman Bell said...

Andrea means manly. I am not happy, nor a man.

-Andi

Erika said...

Erika- ruler of all (don't you know it)
Chad Phillip- horse loving warrior
Carter Phillip- horse loving cart driver
Quinn Leigh- queen of the meadow
Avery Belle- beautiful elf princess
Beckham Chad- super hot soccer player warrior
Rowan Noreen- honorable little red one
Fun post Megan. I wish I had thought of it. BTW, you are a little gem/pearl. We are happy to have you in the family.

Unknown said...

MaxiMove LTD are a family run removal company offering home removals and same-day collection and delivery services at a competitive price. It's our goal to listen to our customers and put their requirements first and to provide you with an efficient, reliable and personalised service ensuring your moving day runs smoothly.
Removals company Liverpool
Removals company Liverpool