Wednesday, October 21, 2009

messages from the road

I am pretty happy about Wes's decision to ride the bus every day to and from school. It makes his commute longer (about an hour one way), but I feel like he is safer and he can actually use that time to get his homework done meaning more free time at home. I love that one of the bus drivers looks like santa claus and gets off the bus at the exact same spot every time to go to the bathroom and I also love the older woman that gets on the bus and always asks to use other people's cell phones (after she used Wes's phone once he always tries to act like he is using his phone whenever she comes around), but I must say that my favorite thing about his commute are the text messages and stories I get chronicling all the happenings and conversations he sees and hears on the bus. Here are a few of my favorite messages from the road:
"still on the bus. i'm so new at this. do i have to pull the string to make him stop? i don't know."
"the bus driver honked at someone and they flipped him off. It was so funny because we were stopped so the guy held his flip off for like a minute."
"major b.o. on the bus!!!"
"the lady in front of me was talking on the phone about jail and her community service."
"someone on the bus had pneumonia. luckily they just got off. oh my freak! i was going to get off if they didn't."
and my all time favorite:
"the kid in front of me just said, 'i'm not going to compromise my creativity just to cater to the public.' hahahaha whatever kid."
you may think it is rude that my husband is people watching on the bus and giving me all the details, but hey, i miss him during the day and we're just making lemonade out of lemons.

6 comments:

Emily said...

thats so funny because i was just driving home from work and was pretty sure i saw him at a bus stop and was wondering if it was him! haha guess now I know! :)

Thanks for always commenting on my blog! You are always so kind and thoughtful! :)

Annie. said...

I find this really, really funny. And I love that you have saved his messages!

Megan said...

LOL oH my, I would totally do the same thing with my hubby! When I was at BYU I used to call my roommates and tell them about all the "interesting" people I'd see or hear throughout the day. People watching is definitely a fun hobby. :)

Lauren and Josh said...

That's so funny...I love to people watch too :)

Christy said...

that's hilarious. i love that you blogged about it. tom rides the trax pretty much everyday and there are also some pretty scary individuals there. but at least we get to keep the car, right? HA!

Carrie said...

ha, i love it. chris and i send each other texts like that too. i think it is good for any healthy marriage. there are some things you just need to experience together!