Thursday, October 29, 2009

thoughts on snow

It is no secret snow and I are bitter enemies. Since we are now pretty permanently situated up north among the snow for the next few years, I am just going to have to learn how to deal. This week brought our first snow storm of the season and I caught a glimpse of what this winter will be like living in the mountains. Let's just say I miss the sunshine. A lot.
Let me take you through our family's thought progressions as we realized those little white flakes were going to stick.
Wes: "I hope the lawn will be okay." and "I guess I can't wear shorts today."
Me: "oh crap!" and "You're killing me smalls."
And sweet little Halle. This is the first year she can actually comprehend that there is snow around her. I took her out while the snow was still on the ground to let her experience the white doom for herself before I force any of my own opinions on her. I photographed her very first thoughts on snow:
First touch = "cool"
Second touch = "not so cool"
She thought it was pretty neat that I made a snowball and her fascination probably ended there. She did come inside without a fight a lot sooner then she usually does, so this white plague had some affect on her. This might be a long winter.
Our cold little runny nosed rudolph:

4 comments:

Megan said...

HAHAHAHAHA
Oh my gosh Megan, you capture THE best pictures for us to see! That "not so cool" picture is making me laugh out loud at work! Probably because I'm TOTALLY the same way!!!
Thanks so much for sharing. Your posts and pictures always bring a smile to my face!

Erin said...

Too cute! I'm surprised so much snow stuck on your lawn. We took Maddie out to see the snow falling, but nothing stuck. :( A long winter, indeed!

Ashlyn said...

That last picture is so funny!

Becca said...

AWWWW Megan! She's so cute! I love that hat!
I hate the cold too, but it's always fun to play in the snow. Your pictures make me jealous!