Sunday, January 24, 2010

progress

Halle learned to fold her arms each time our family prayed when she was about 11 months old. True, it only lasts for a few seconds and the rest of the prayer is spent running around, asking for food, and saying hi to everyone. A few months later she started to say "amen" after the prayer was finished. Since then, we have been working on getting her to close her eyes during the prayer.
A few weeks ago we decided to have family night in the bathroom while Halle was taking her bath. I said the prayer that night and before we began we asked Halle to fold her arms and close her eyes. No reaction. So, I started the prayer and about halfway through she closed her eyes for the first time. The prayer I said was full of lots of laughter coming from me and Wes and I will show you why. This is the way Halle closed her eyes during the prayer:

2 comments:

ok said...

I wish there was a "Like" button for blog posts. Since there isn't, I'll just comment.

Like.

Dip It In Chocolate said...

haha, that looks so painful!! Chase spends our FHE screaming "TREAT. TREAT! TREEEAAAAT." Aren't children delightful? :)