Monday, January 18, 2010

what a week

what a week we have had.
halle caught the cold of death that wiped her and me out.
mom came to save the day. bless her many times over.
wes started intramural basketball (missed the batemans and the staggs! remember that one time we showed up to the game and were checking out the other team and they were a bunch of overweight balding men and we thought the guys would have no problem creaming them and then it turned out they were amazing and shot a million three pointers and our husbands got killed and they were way embarassed?)
halle was introduced to basketball and naturally she loves it.
i got a new calling as a miamaid advisor. oh help.
i caught the cold of death and have been down and out for the past two days.
wes has been pulling triple duty being a nurse, the mom and the dad, and the student.
haiti. enough said.
a germ infested house turned spotless house turned germ nest again. all in one week.
oh, and halle is getting cuter everyday.

6 comments:

Stephanie • My Orange Chair said...

oh I remember! Good ol' "Hatters." Proof, as Brian would say, that you can't win 'em all, but you can, in fact, lose 'em all.

Except that one year...I do think we won a couple games that one year. :) Good luck to Wes!

Emily said...

Megan -

So sorry you guys got sick! :( Don't you love moms though? :)

Halle is adorable - I love her pink boots! Oh and I love that she loves basketball! So fun!

You will be a wonderful miamaid adviser! Any 14-15 year old would be so lucky to have you as their adviser! You will do great!

Megan said...

Eek, sorry it's been such a rough week! Being sick makes everything worse. You are very lucky to have such an adorable little munchkin though, even if she is a sicky. Feel better soon!

P.S. Those mia maids will LOVE you. I have no doubt. :) Just be yourself and set a good example, and you will be their hero!

Christy said...

okay, first of all, that picture is AWESOME.

heck yes i remember intramural basketball. those were good times. remember how we wanted to pick fights with the other teams' wives and how our husbands couldn't win if their lives depended on it? i'm hoping wes has a better team this time around. :)

sorry you guys are sick! blame the inversion, that's what i do.

miller time all the time said...

tall and skinny! you better watch out she's going to be a little heart breaker! well i hope we can get to see her before she's all grown up! this summer in june sometime me and max are getting sealed and either that same night or the day before or after were having my baby shower! ill let you know the for sure date! hope to see you guys there!

Dip It In Chocolate said...

We also caught that cold of death that doesn't go away for weeks. BOO. I just wanted to tell you that you will be FANTASTIC in Miamaids. I am the 2nd counselor in YW (completely FREAKED me out at first); but I love it now and it is a great place to serve in the church. If you were in my ward, I would have asked for you as an advisor in an instant! You will be phenomenal.

Also, that swimsuit is adorable. You are making me wish I could buy girl clothes!!