Friday, April 9, 2010

easter morning 2010

Grandma Nimer put together an Easter basket for Halle to open on Easter morning while we were in St. George. Halle was so excited to find all the candy inside that all she wanted to do was have me open candy for her. Eventually, she realized there were toys inside. Not just any old toys. There were, in fact Little Mermaid toys sitting inside. The joy on her face is apparent. I didn't know that when you buy your daughter a doll that comes with a change of clothes you spend your whole day taking those clothes on and off. So, Mermaid's fins came off and then her dress came on and then off again, and then the fins were put back on many times that day. She also was given a bunch of color wonder markers and coloring books that she loves. And I love those little things too for they saving my walls and furniture from the wrath of the crayons.
It is always fun when Easter Sunday falls on General Conference weekend. I told Halle we were going to hear the prophet talk about Jesus as we turned on the first session on Saturday morning. We spent those two days watching Conference and Halle kept pointing to the tv and saying "prophet" and I would then ask her what the prophet was talking about and she would say "Jesus."
That little girl is just precious.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Adorable! You have the cutest little girl! I love the story about her and Conference! So cute! I bet it is fun too have her at an age where she gets excited about all these things, like Easter. So fun!

Megan said...

Looks like that Easter basket was a major score for Halle!!! Grandma's sure know how to spoil their baby grandchildren! :) I love how happy little Halle looks as she checks out her new toys.

And that is such a precious story about teaching her about General Conference. What a smart little girl!!!

Mandi @ Vintage Revivals said...

I wish that we could have seen you guys while you were here! Halle is getting so big and cute! Love you guys!