Monday, April 26, 2010

the graduate

He did it.
Even with all my complaining and sending Halle in to interrupt homework, he still did it.
Weston now holds a masters degree in professional accountancy along with an information systems minor from BYU.
I still remember him working and praying so hard to get into the accounting program and then working and praying for an internship with Ernst and Young and then working and praying to get into the masters program and then working and praying to be offered a full time job.
He did every one of those things and then some.
He found himself on the dean's list and then found himself receiving scholarship after blessed scholarship including one his peers voted for him to receive.
The two graduation days were full of family (some traveling to be there. thank you), cake, and ceremonies.
Wes's sister Kendyl graduated at the same time and it was so sweet to see them end this huge chapter of their lives together.
As I sat in his convocation ceremony I was surprised at how emotional I was.
It finally hit me just how hard he had been working and that he had finally achieved his goal.
I don't think any one will ever know how many hours and late nights and prayers, and dinner conversations were spent trying to get this guy to this point.
It is unbelievable.
And I was so proud you would think I was the one who was graduating.
I think I should have earned a degree in professional lunch making or professional encouraging.
Congratulations Wes!
I witnessed it all.
Let me be the first to say, you so earned this.

7 comments:

Stephanie • My Orange Chair said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie • My Orange Chair said...

Tell Bell congrats from us! I remember a few of those events too--like when he was trying to get into the program and YAY he did! And now he's done. Wow. So exciting. I can't imagine what that will feel like...in seven years. haha:) Your little family is so beautiful. Maybe this summer we can see Halle sometime?! Last time we did she was just a newborn. I think we are all definitely due for a get-together. Congratulations again!

Emily said...

Yay! Congratulations to Wes and to your little family! I love all the pictures - it is definitely an occasion to celebrate and document! I'm so excited for you guys! You're pretty much in "real" life now! A cute little girl, a real house, and a real job! Yay you guys! I'm so glad it has all worked out and that all the prayers and hard work and your encouragement and lunch making skills paid off! :) Congratulations!

Haley said...

Congrats you guys! It was fun to see you there on Thursday :)

Megan said...

CONGRATS to Weston for all his hard work and making it through all the craziness that getting a Master's degree involves!!
CONGRATS to you for being a supportive, encouraging wife. I'm sure it meant so much to him to have you there to help him through everything.
and CONGRATS to Halle for being so cute. :)

This is such a great accomplishment for him, and I'm so excited for you guys to be done and able to move on to the next great chapter in your "out of college" life!

Christy said...

congrats to both of you! that is HUGE!!

Mandi @ Vintage Revivals said...

Wes is so awesome! Congrats to both of you! Of course kendyl looks beautiful...oh and did you notice we have the same blog background? You have great taste!