Thursday, June 7, 2012

ballerina girl

 I don't think there is anything more adorable than a little girl in a leotard, tights, ballet slippers, and her hair slicked back in a tiny bun.  Halle has loved her ballet class she took this year.  Her ballet company performed "Peter Pan" this year and her little class got to open the show.  I had the silliest grin on my face the whole time she was on stage.  It ended all too soon.  I could have watched her up there the whole show and she would have been happy to be up there the whole show.  She did great and gave a great performance.  
Lots of family came to show their love for our little ballerina. 
 Including this guy who was sick, but couldn't miss his little Halle's recital.  And there was nothing she wanted more than to get a big bouquet of roses from him.

She was showered with flowers and hugs and she couldn't wait to get back into the theatre and watch the second half of the show. The production was so well done. And you know you've really got a good thing going if you can keep a three year old on the edge of her seat twice! We love miss jenny and barlow arts conservatory! She had two performances and while everyone else cleared out I got to take her out to dinner, just a mommy and Halle date. 



 We talked about what makes her happy and sad and mad and she thought her guacamole was wasabi.  And afterwards we had to have a photoshoot of course. 
For her second performance I had a perfect seat right up front and the best view of her.  She got to keep the teddy bear she danced with and we watched the rest of the show together again. 
 I drove her home late and laid her in bed.  I loved spending an evening giving her my undivided attention.  She is an amazing girl, a wonderfully easy daughter, and a fantastic big sister.  I love celebrating her. Great job our beautiful ballerina girl.  

And a big thank you to Brian and Erika for watching Lily while we all went to the ballet and Michele for giving me and Halle a night out.  I can't wait to see the photos of the girls in their actual costumes, as they were only rented so I couldn't snag my own picture of her in it.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

she looks like a natural!

Christy said...

what fun! you are right-- there is nothing cuter. halle looks like she knows what she's doing!

Megan said...

being a ballerina fits her! i'm sure she did a wonderful job, and your mommy/daughter date looks like so much fun! You're a wonderful mother!!!