Thursday, June 21, 2012

this week

-Last Saturday night our air conditioner broke. It was hot in herrrre. John Long in our ward came over on father's day to check it out. His diagnosis: the problem is either something pretty cheap and easy for him to fix or really expensive and something he couldn't fix. It was the cheap thing and he came over Monday and fixed it. What a guy.
-My brakes have been shuddering and squeaking and had to be fixed on Monday. Why do cars have to get old?
-One of Wes's mission companions told us we may have been on the first presidency's prayer roll because of one of their family members (bless you stagg family). I know a prayer is a prayer no matter who said it, but something about that information made me realize we better be living worthy of the blessings that come from all those who are taking the time to pray in our behalf. It is a responsibility that we have.
-It was brought to my attention on Tuesday that my license expired on my birthday (thanks Ty). That was in march, I guess I've been kind of busy. The state website said there is no grace period for expired licenses and I would have to take the written and road tests again to get a new license. I panicked and decided to talk to a person and not a computer to try and explain myself, she informed me I had six months before they make me take the written test. What a relief.
-Wes had chemo on Tuesday. They hooked him up and he immediately started coughing. His lungs tightened and his throat was closing off. They pumped him full of Benadryl and said he had probably had an allergic reaction to the chemo drug, and they usually don't see that happen until the eighth treatment. I sure do love being the exception to everything.
-Lily's new word is "apple" and she loves to chew food and then spit it out so she swallows nothing.
-Halle had her last ballet class until next year.
-I'm just so glad the nba finals are going on right now. It gives Wes Something to look forward to. And all you Miami heat haters better start hoping they win because it would make cancer boy so happy and that is reason enough to cheer for them.
-We took a walk this week and were surprised to see a beautiful hanging plant hanging by our front door. We don't know who did it, but every day we are astounded by the kindness of others.
-Annnd every day this week I have has that "call me maybe" song in my head. Why is it so catchy? Me and Bryce Winkelman want to know.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

My husband is an auto mechanic, and he would love to help out with car repairs if that would be helpful to you at all. Truly. And while I think it would be cool for the Thunder to win since they're not a "big" team, I would also be excited for the Heat to win. Since Wes wants them win, I'll start cheering for the Heat. :)

The Winkels said...

Call me maybe....best news of the day! Love ya girl!

Emily said...

I just love you. I love how your blog posts are so real. But so inspiring too. You are amazing.