Saturday, July 7, 2012

st. george two times

Mini vacations to st. george are always delightful.  
Our first one was a necessary trip, but slightly complicated because my family all had a nasty stomach bug that just wouldn't leave their house, so we had to keep Wes away from my parents house.  We spent a night in his grandparents condo and then dropped the girls off with grandma while we headed out to Las Vegas for the Miss USA preliminaries.  
What a treat to take a little trip sans kids.  They were well taken care of and we had a blast with Wes's family spending the day in vegas and watching Kendyl compete.  
We headed back to St. George where I was dropped off so I could take care of the girls while Wes went home to stay away from the sickness.  The girls and I had fun splash padding and being with family.  
A few days later Wes and his family came back, picked me up and headed back to Vegas for the final Miss USA competition.  We went out to dinner and Wes found master chief and couldn't resist taking a picture.  
All seemed well until we got back to our room and I got nauseous and threw up. I panicked.  So terrified that I would get Wes sick I grabbed my stuff, said good bye, and decided to drive back to st. george at eight o clock at night.  A few miles out of Vegas I got sick again, had to quickly pull over and vomit on the side of the road.  I can imagine the cars on I-15 were sure I had partied a little too hard in Vegas.  It was a pitiful sight and that is when I knew I wouldn't make it back to St. George.  I headed back to our hotel and my in-laws sweetly paid for a new room and I was quarantined in our old room.  And I am pretty proud of myself for navigating Saturday night Las Vegas strip traffic and making it back to Planet Hollywood all by myself.  Amazingly, enough I felt so much better and didn't get sick again, which kind of makes me think it was a little bit of food poisoning, because our girls never got sick.  I spent the whole next day in my room until the pageant and then sat on the opposite side of the row away from Wes.  Kendyl looked absolutely fabulous.  We were so proud of her and had such a good time watching Akon perform and just being there.  
What an amazing accomplishment and we were so lucky to be there!  
The next day I went to St. George and Wes headed home.  I spent a few days with the girls, enjoying cousins,  playing with Uncle Ryan and new Aunt Haley, keeping all germs in St. George and then came home.  
We discovered that Halle wants to be a pageant girl and Lily is not a water baby.

 Our second trip was purely to enjoy the last couple of weeks before Wes goes back to work.  He basically wanted to have help with the girls so he could relax a little more.  And they loved it.  Both girls couldn't wait to see their cousins.  Lily could not stop giving Haylee kisses and pointing at the "baby" even though she is younger then her.  
We took Halle to see brave, went to the splash pad, rode the carousel, played in the bouncy house, and had an all around good time.  
And thanks to mom we were able to work out together and I was so proud to see Wes out running. 
Thank you mom for doing so much, letting me sleep, taking care of our girls, cooking for us and wearing yourself out while we come to visit. You male it so much fun for us to come!

1 comment:

Megan said...

You are such a hottie in that pic on the red carpet! (or whatever it is they call it, with all the company logos behind you?) sounds like a fun and much needed couple of trips (sans vomitting), i just love all the pictures, you are all looking great!