Sunday, June 28, 2009

New Knowledge

I just finished reading a book called The Narcissism Epidemic. Very informative, but I take it with a grain of salt. I do believe that we are creating a culture of entitlement and teaching our children that they are always the winner when sometimes they really are going to lose their basketball game. You can still help them feel validated for trying, but seriously, sometimes they will be on the losing team and that is okay. I think it helps them learn important lessons about the big bad real world. However, I do not feel that I am turning my child into a narcissistic little princess when I put a bib on her that says she is a little princess (no joke they cited this example). According to them, my very presence in the blogging world is also narcissistic. Dang.

No comments: