Sunday, December 6, 2009

african nativity

Since we are a young up and coming family (going on three years at the end of this month!), we have very little in the way of holiday decorations. We have started our own collection of Christmas decorations over the past two years and have also received many sweet gifts from our families to help fill our home with Christmas cheer.
One of my favorite decorations came as a gift from my sweet sister-in-law Kendyl that she picked up for us in Zambia, Africa where she was serving with the Mothers Without Borders Organization. I think this African Nativity is absolutely gorgeous. It makes me remember we really are brothers and sisters with all the different people around the world, no matter their culture or beliefs. (Now I just wish Wes would have thought a little bit more about his future family while he was on his mission and had picked us up one from Brazil...You're right. It was probably good he wasn't thinking too much about his future family out there.)
Halle also likes it, the donkey part anyway. I am afraid she is going to carry it off somewhere and we won't be able to find it until next year.

4 comments:

Christy said...

wow, what a cool nativity. i love it!

i too wish i had gotten one in brazil! i guess we'll all have to go back, ey? :)

Megan said...

That is so cool! Love it. And I remember having a fascination with the nativity set my parents owned when I was little too. I played with them like dolls, haha. Somehow we kept most of the pieces over the years without them getting lost!

Ashlyn said...

that picutre of Halle is so cute.

Unknown said...

I am really glad you love this nativity as much as I do! I need to move to Africa.