Tuesday, December 15, 2009

how i spent my tuesday night

I was laying on the floor by our Christmas tree tonight.
Wes was at his desk working on finals.
My little Halle was sitting by me and climbing all over me.
Naked, of course.
She was eating pretzels and giving kisses.
She was telling me where my eyes were, where my ears were, where my nose was, and where my mouth was.
I was looking at her beautiful hazel eyes and her wispy baby hair.
I saw my button nose on her round face.
It's probably the only feature she inherited from me. The rest is all dad.
I was thinking how I just love her adorable cheeks.
She kept asking for more pretzels.
I am forgetting everything about her so fast.
I do not want to forget this night.
And then, as usual, disaster struck.

2 comments:

Christy said...

what a great moment to record. now you can always look back on it and remember! i too can't believe how fast i forget things. i already can't remember lincoln as a newborn. it makes me very sad and want to just capture as many moments as i can!

Michele Ashman Bell said...

Just looking at her face brings me such joy! Can we just video every moment of her life so we never forget? You are such a wonderful mommy and I just love all of you to pieces!
Your tree is beautiful. pretty pretty