Tuesday, December 22, 2009

the life and times of weston bell

Now that we have enough storage space to fit all of our stuff from the lives we had before we got married, we have been getting ready to transfer Wes's stuff from his parent's house to our new house. In the process we have found some priceless treasures his mom kept along the way. My favorite find has been his diary he kept when he was ten and eleven years old.
On every page he wrote how old he was, the day of the week, and the page number at the top. It is mostly about basketball and playing video games and being the best at things. But there are some pretty sweet entries.
Here are a few excerpts from some of my favorite entries. I am leaving spelling and punctuation as is because it really is cute.

"Kendyl, my sister got to have a sleepover. They wanted to change Kendyl's room around and draw things and I spiyed on them and they didn't even know that I was doing and then I played with them."

"Tonight we went to my cousin Tyler's for New Year's Day. We played a lot of games and I played the best. We played Gesturs and I was the best actor there. Tyer's grandpa was there but he didn't want to play very much."

"I scored a point for the other team and they were happy but they would have won anyway"

"This week on Tuesday we were playing football and a gangster type guy was driving in a 1991 Bonneville. He chased us for awhile then we went to Rich Walkenhorst. The guy came and tried to chase us again, but Rich came out of his house and helped us. P.S. we're probably going to sue."

"Sunday I stayed in my church close the whole day and I boar my testimony it was fun."

When he was eleven years old he started signing off with "buy" (supposed to be "bye") and always something extra with a P.S.
One day he wrote, "P.S. No p.s. this time."

Wasn't he just the sweetest little boy? I love how simple life seems to children. I think all children should be forced to keep a diary. It makes for some big laughs once they start a family of their own.

6 comments:

Megan said...

#1) That Aladdin diary is amazing. It takes a true man to write in that. :)
#2) Those are some incredibly funny in an adorable way diary entries! This is exactly why I'm so glad I kept a journal for a large portion of my life--it's so fun/funny to look back and see what I wrote!

Christy said...

ok this seriously CRACKS me up! especially that it was all written in an aladdin diary. now i have to tell you that tom always had a crush on princess jasmine. i think he might still have a crush on her. those entries are SO FUNNY. i love that he was always the best at everything and that he scored a point for the wrong team. oh, and that they're probably going to sue. HA! thanks for letting us get to know the real weston bell through your blog. i will have to have tom read this one!

Emily said...

I love it! That is so funny! I love journals for this very reason! To go back and reread them! What a find! :)

Carrie said...

now i know why you married him. especially if he actually consented to let you post this online! what a man!

Erika said...

Ahh Wes. You were such a cutie. One question. Did you have matching Aladdin underwear like another Disney obsessed nephew of mine?

megan b. said...

actually, he wore superman underwear or hanes because that's what micheal jordan wore.