Saturday, May 1, 2010

check-up

I skipped my monthly check up last month so I am combining my March and April goal check ups.

Here's how I did:
  • Temple once a month: Made it on March 31st and then April 2nd with my brother fresh off the mission. Two times in one week was glorious.
  • Eat better: There was a little good and a little bad. Holidays (Easter) and celebrations (four birthdays and graduation) kill me.
  • Read some classics: Still have Sense and Sensibility left on the list, but I did read The Screwtape Letters, The Help, The Scarlet Pimpernel, and Love Letters of Joseph and Emma.
  • Plan a Trip: We decided to just go for it and plan a trip to Disneyland because when will we ever have a summer with no other huge obligations and work getting in the way. And this is something we consider to have "eternal value" for our family like Elder Hales said in his talk about provident living. So we are booked and ready to go in a couple of weeks. Halle can't stop talking about how we are going to ride elephants, see ariel's rock, and go in a scary house where "it be dark."
  • Learn to bake something: Made some delicious poppy seed bread with a glaze, a chocolate cheesecake, and a chocolate cake from scratch (I hate to toot my horn but...eeeeee! go me! I have come a long way.).
  • Serve my family, neighbors, and young women: Been working on doing the little things I feel prompted to do and hopefully in the process doing some things that people needed.
  • Do pilates: this has been a little so-so these past few months, but I did add some running into the mix. Feels good to be back out there again.
  • Teach Halle to share: Halle understands that there are such things as "turns." However, when other people are playing with things she wants, it is always "Halle's turn" and then she cries because just saying that won't make them give up the toy, but I think she is starting to get the concept.
  • Be lovely: It is a lot easier to be lovely when my husband is home all the time and gives me the occasional nap. Sleep is essential to being lovely in my book.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

The Disneyland trip sounds so exciting! What did you think of The Scarlet Pimpernel?

Emily said...

Yay you! I love how you have these goals that you're working on and that you report on them! I admire the way you stick to your goals and really try to change and make yourself better. You are truly amazing!

Emily said...

Also, I really like your new blog header! So cute!

Brianne said...

Ah, I love your blog! And I love that you have these goals and your are reporting on them. I'm so inspired! We miss you guys and we should get together soon!