Thursday, May 27, 2010

disneyland: day three

We spent our last day at the parks at Disneyland meeting characters and riding any rides we had missed and going on some of Halle's favorites a few times.
Our first destination was the Haunted Mansion.
Of course Halle wasn't scared and asked to go again as soon as we got off.
She really started to enjoy the rides on the last day and she even started dancing on it's a small world and pirates of the caribbean. She now sings the Pirate's song with a few mistakes. She sings, "yo ho, pirate's me!"
Most of our morning was spent in Toon Town where we visited Minnie and Mickey's houses.
She was pretty excited to find Minnie's pencil that she draws with and to see where Minnie sleeps.
Mickey's house had Pluto's bed in it and Halle had to try it out.
Then came the moment where she met Mickey himself.
She was so shy and hesitated to hold his hand. But later she thought it was so great that Mickey held her hand and couldn't stop talking about it.
By the third day she was getting a little tired of the whole waiting in line thing. She kept saying "almost our turn" about every minute and whining. We were always looking for distractions and had a steady flow of crackers for her.
We let her go up Sleeping Beauty's castle again and again and let her ride Dumbo one last time.
As we were leaving the park I told Halle she could pick out a pen from one of the shops and bring it home. I had to steer her towards the right pen to pick and she couldn't wait to pay money for it. Nothing made her happier then to be able to "draw like baby boo" for the rest of the night.
And when I say the rest of the night, I mean she wouldn't let that pen go until she was asleep.
It was an absolutely perfect trip.
We have never had so much fun together and were pretty sad to fly home the next morning.
We only had three regrets: we didn't put the sun shade up on our car before we left it at the airport, we didn't take a picture in front of our hotel, and we didn't get soup in a bread bowl at Disneyland.

5 comments:

Megan said...

Oh. my. goodness. That picture of her sleeping with pen in hand is just a classic. It seems like it's such a joy to be her mother... it's so tender reading about the little moments and cute things she does. I'm so glad you three had such a wonderful time together!

Megan said...

P.S. Maybe it just seems this way in the pictures, but she is SO tall! I think people would kill to have those long legs!

Amelia Brame said...

Hey Megan! I stumbled onto your blog (thanks to Facebook!) Your little girl has grown up so much! Wow! Looks like you guys had a blast in Disneyland! I keep trying to convince Jon that we should go- but he's convinced that it'll be much more fun with kids. Judging from your blog- I think he's right :)

Emily said...

Once again, such wonderful pictures! Halle just looks so amazed in all of these! My favorite is the last one though, such a cute one of your cute family! :) I'm glad you guys had a great time!

Michele Ashman Bell said...

I can't get enough of these pictures. Halle's expression is priceless. I'm so glad you posted these so I can look at them any time I want.