Friday, October 22, 2010

pumpkin family night

The Bell family annual pumpkin carving family night came and went.
Only we didn't carve pumpkins because we didn't want to clean the mess. We drew on our pumpkins again. I don't think we will be carving anymore when this drawing is just so much easier. Only I didn't draw on my pumpkin because I didn't want to repeat last year when my pumpkin turned out to be some hideous pig woman. So I opted to spray paint my pumpkin and tie it up with a pretty ribbon and that is about as artistic as I get. And I didn't even come up with that idea on my own, so I have now totally revealed just exactly how un-crafty or non-creative genius-y I am. Halle and Wes drew masterpieces on their pumpkins.Wes honored batman and Halle just wanted to color and color and color.
She didn't want to take her pumpkin outside and she didn't want to give up the markers for anything. Finally we just brought her pumpkin outside despite her whining and there they sit for all to see.

6 comments:

Megan said...

Halle's hair is getting so long, I love how it curls out! And I have to say, I think your pumpkin is adorable! Great idea!

Carrie said...

i LOVE your pumpkins! great job following through on spray painting your pumpkin even though it wasn't your idea. ha. you're too funny. i love how it turned out! and i have to say that those might be the three most perfectly shaped pumpkins ever.

Christy said...

I like the spray paint idea. Very fun!

Andrea (or Andi) said...

Those pumpkins are awesome!! I love your metallic gourd. Halle looks at the camera and smiles now! She is too cute and curly. And, she keeps her knees together ;) don't worry, it's a very Bell girl thing to do. I miss you guys!

Sharla said...

I am uncrafty too and always still others designs. Maybe this year I will still the spray painting idea too. So cute and classy.

Sharla said...

hmm. I meant steal not still. Silly school teacher. What was I thinking...