Monday, November 23, 2009

happy birthday

to our Daddy!
26 years ago today the boy who changed my life was born.
And as if you haven't endured enough cheesiness and cliches already here comes one of those lists of the 26 things we love about our daddy.
1. He is a complete hunk. Just look at him. Major eye candy.
2. He notices things. (a clean house, new outfit, when I put some effort into getting ready, etc.)
3. He works his tail off in school in order to provide for our family. (do scholarships and being on the dean's list while in the accounting program at BYU convince you of his genius?)
4. He does the best impersonation of Mickey Mouse all for his daughter's enjoyment.
5. He takes longer to get ready for bed than anyone I know. He has a whole routine I could name for you.
6. The laughter in our house is constant and often uncontrollable mostly because he has the best sense of humor and wit ever.
7. He served a mission in Brazil for two years. And that mission is still affecting his decisions and the way he is today. Now that is a good missionary.
8. He is the most playful daddy ever. Halle adores him.
9. The look on his face in the temple the day we were married. I still remember it.
10. He is my fabulous, amazing, loving husband.
11. He is a proud homeowner/fixer upper and keeps our house running smoothly.
12. He seriously spoils me endlessly (naps, gifts, cleans baby poop out of tubs, cleans the toilets, opens doors, I am not allowed to carry anything if he can help it, etc.)
13. He loves his hobbies.
14. He makes sure we say our prayers together even when I am about ready to pass out from exhaustion.
15. Guys have man crushes on him. No joke.
16. He asks me about the books I am reading.
17. He shovels snow. If you know me, you know how much this means to me.
18. He plans movie nights.
19. He diligently serves in the church, is worthy to hold the priesthood, and as a result has blessed our family with that power.
20. He calls me and Halle "his girls."
21. He sends the best text messages and pictures about random people he sees.
22. He gives the best hugs. ever.
23. He is always the first to say sorry, when it probably should be me saying sorry.
24. He makes his family his number one priority.
25. He is obsessed with washing hands and sanitizing things to help keep our family healthy.
26. He is my very best friend that keeps me laughing, keeps me grounded, takes care of my baby, takes care of me, has changed me immeasurably, and melts my heart every day.

Happy birthday sweets! We love you!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Aww that is so sweet! Sounds like you definitely have a keeper! Have a fun time celebrating with him!

Christy said...

i'm pretty sure tom has a man crush on him.

happy birthday bell!