Wednesday, November 25, 2009

happy thanksgiving

We are loving spending this holiday in St. George.
I miss this little city fiercely.
And let me tell you why.
I was standing in a long line this morning waiting to pick up our thanksgiving day pies at Croshaw's Gourmet Pies. The line was outside the door.
I felt the sun on my skin and that little act triggered my brain to release some endorphins or something and I felt noticeably happier.
Sunshine can do wonders for a snow-battered soul.
And then I saw a sign on Croshaw's door that said, "get sunkissed in st.george."
And those words summed up everything I have been dreaming about all winter.
And then I heard two girls behind me who were about 18ish talking about how they wanted a boy flavored pie.
And then they thought they were pretty clever because they remembered they could actually order a BOYSenberry pie.
I love this little town.

This Thanksgiving I can define most everything I am thankful for with one word:
love.
Family love.
Gospel love.
Godly love.
Halle love.
Love that forgives.
Missionary love.
Food love.
Unconditional love.
Book love.
Love that grows.
Love you can't define.
Love you can define.
Learning to love.
Learning to love trials.
Praying to love.
Loving to pray.
Love that feels like electricity.
Love that hurts.
Love that heals.
Pure love.

I think John, Paul, Ringo, and George said it best.
"All you need is love."

Happy Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

Erika said...

We are sad we missed seeing you in St. George. We came down after everyone had already left. I think it's funny your comment about getting sunkist in St. George, because as we were driving on the highway and about to enter the city limits I remembered how growing up I had a shirt that said "sunkist in st. george". That was before I even read your post.

Megan said...

Sounds divine. :) I'm so glad you had a great Thanksgiving!