Sunday, November 29, 2009

festivities

This year we were able to celebrate Wes's birthday without Halle cramping our style. The Bell's had Halle sleepover and gave me and Wes a night to ourselves. Seriously though, I missed her like you miss an amputated limb, but I can't really say the same for her. She had the time of her life.
Wes and I spent the night eating sushi and bento boxes at Mikado. It was divine. Especially the deep fried rolls, it totally masks the taste if you're not into the whole fishy taste. We did a little shopping and then headed home to snuggle and watch a movie just like we used to pre-Halle. We watched Taken, and at the end of the movie Wes decided he wants Liam Neeson to come live with us. I'm okay with that. Oh, and we slept in peace without our little princess waking us up in the middle of the night.
That was probably my favorite part.
On Wes's actual birthday we went out to Cafe Rio with his family and then came back to our house for his favorite white cake. His mom made it, of course, because we all know when I bake cakes things burn, the middle sinks, it turns into a pile of crumbs, there are sometimes tears, and who really wants to deal with that on their birthday.
I know what you are thinking. Trust me, I wonder how I snagged this fella too.
I bet you know what Halle was doing the whole time. She has a major obsession with Aunt Rachel.

4 comments:

Natalie and Ryan said...

That must have been nice to have a night to yourselves! I have the same problem with cakes, but I attempt to make them anyway haha!

Michele Ashman Bell said...

Such a fun time together. Always. I hope Wes had a happy birthday. He's always been a great son, but I love seeing him as a husband and a father. He has been blessed with the greatest wife and daughter a boy could ever have.

Christy said...

how nice for you guys to have a night without your little lady. i'm glad you had fun!

also, i need y'all's address. could you email it to me? christybateman@gmail.com
thanks!

RCA said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/manfaat-kunyit-putih-untuk-kesehatan-yang-mengejutkan