Monday, February 1, 2010

check up on it

No, not the Beyonce definition of "check up on it."
The type of check up on it where I check up on how I have been doing with my goals for the year.
  • Attend the temple at least once a month: We barely made it on the 30th. We can do better. However, it is absolutely wonderful no matter what day you go.
  • Eat better: Made some great eating choices this month and lost some poundage. But, I still don't have complete control over myself. Still snagging one too many spoonfuls of Halle's mac and cheese.
  • Read some classics: So far I have finished Jane Eyre (my new absolute favorite book), The Picture of Dorian Gray (A great story about vanity and being a good person), and To Kill a Mockingbird (loved it!). I am in the middle of Anna Karenina and really love this goal.
  • Plan a trip: Still in the works. We are thinking Disneyland. We just need to make it happen.
  • Learn to bake something: I baked blonde brownies and cupcakes last month that actually turned out. I am working my way up to baking this beauty.
  • Serve my family, neighbors, and nursery tots: This goal should be revised to include my young women. And I think taking care of a sick baby is enough serving for a whole month. Now, serving my neighbors is another story.
  • Do pilates: It's easy to accomplish a goal when you love what it is. I love pilates. For a couple of weeks I thought Ana Caban might seriously injure me, but I got the hang of it. I have never felt so strong or flexible before.
  • Teach Halle to share: Let's just say that yesterday at nursery she had to be kept away from the other children because she was a little too aggressive.
  • Be lovely: Not fair. This month I was sick. It is impossible for me to be lovely and sick at the same time. At least that is my excuse for this month.

6 comments:

Megan said...

I love all those books! That is definitely a good goal.

And it sounds like you're doing great! I seriously think you've already got "being lovely" down, though.

Emily said...

You're so good! I love your goals! And that you're doing them! And the 30th for the temple is better than not at all - we made the same goal but then didn't get to it because Richard was sick and we waited until the last week of the month. This month hopefully we'll be better! Good luck with working on everything! :) I think you're amazing!

Emily said...

Also, that chocolate cake link looks so yummy! I should send you Richard's grandma's chocolate cake recipe. It is the best chocolate cake I have ever had and it is really easy to make! Actually we just made some yesterday and already half the pan is gone! :) Let me know if you want it!

Christy said...

wow, you are doing great! i think i said it before, but jane eyre is one of my favorites. now you need to see the movie! the new BBC edition. it is amazing. which is why i happen to own it. i'll have to let you borrow it sometime. (first we need to hang out!) and we are on the disneyland 2010 train too. i can't wait to take my kiddos.

BreeAnn said...

Hi Megan! I am Rylee McDermott's sister and I am sometimes check out your blog, since you know our cute kids will date one day.. he he any way I just had to comment, because I absolutely love Jane Eyre, it is a very quirky book, but I love it! Also To Kill A Mocking Bird is my ALL time favorite book! Love it! Good luck on all of your goals!

rYLeE & KaTiE said...

Ok, I loved this post too!! Seriously, I just love you... And I heart your blog.. And I heart being able to comment on it when Rylee is finally home at 11:30pm so I can use the computer.

Your goals are awesome ones! I LOVE the reading one... If you need any suggestions I went through quite the classics phase is high school and then again in college.

You are an inspiration to me Mrs. Bell...