Wednesday, February 3, 2010

i am mama

Last night I found myself holding my crying, sick Halle.
I found myself up at one in the morning watching Finding Nemo because she couldn't sleep.
I found myself up at two in the morning laying in my bed in the dark watching Halle crawl all over me until she eventually fell asleep propped up against me.
I found myself looking for binkies tangled up in bed sheets all night.
In the morning I found myself wishing for just a little more sleep.
I found myself eating three cookies for breakfast because I felt like I deserved them.
I found myself reading the same books over and over in my bed with Halle.
I found myself discovering and then smelling unidentifiable brown smudges on pajamas and furniture and eventually determining that they were in fact poo extracted from a diaper.
I found myself canceling a playdate we had scheduled for the day, due to her nasty cough and extremely runny nose.
I found myself changing Halle into her infamous elephant pajamas because 1)there was poo on her other ones and 2)they make her incredibly happy.
I found myself making Halle mac and cheese and letting her eat it on her princess couch in front of monsters inc. because it makes her happy.
And now I find myself blissfully happy that this little girl calls me mama and knows mama can make everything better.

3 comments:

Megan said...

You are such a great example to me, megan! I love that you list all these things that most people would find tiring and look at with a negative outlook, and you just totally find it all worth it and put a positive spin on it! I hope I can be like that when I start having kids! And I hope Halle starts feeling better soon so that you can get a little more sleep. :)

Emily said...

Oh I hope she feels better soon! I love this post. You make a wonderful mama, I am sure of it. :) And I completely agree with Megan, I love your positive outlook!

rYLeE & KaTiE said...

I loved this post!! I think that you are most fantastic blogger. You have such a great voice. I just love that you are Halle's mama and I'm sure she wouldn't want anyone else. I'm sorry you guys have had some sickness going on... You can join our club if you want.. lol... Hope things start looking up soon so that we can play!