Tuesday, February 16, 2010

something new

This year Wes was the Valentine date planner and decided to first take me to my favorite restaurant, Kyoto, for lunch. Afterwards, he drove us to the Salt Lake temple to do an endowment session together. He chose this temple because I had never done a session here. It is a unique and absolutely wonderful experience. I loved seeing a live session. It is a special thing to behold. I couldn't help but get emotional as I sat inside thinking of the beauty and heritage of this sacred place. I can't imagine all the early saints had to sacrifice to build this magnificent house of the Lord. I would love to learn about all the architecture and symbolism seen everywhere inside and out.
I really can't believe it took me this long to get there when it is only a short drive away.
It was perfect and one of the best dates ever.
image found here

3 comments:

Megan said...

Sounds WONDERFUL. I will definitely have to try to go there sometime before I die and do that. :)

Christy said...

i love the salt lake temple. so much sacrifice went into it, it's amazing to think about. we need to get there too!

rYLeE & KaTiE said...

Ok, I have never done a session at Salt Lake either.. I go to the temple frequently, but never at Salt Lake... I need to do it. Thanks for the motivation!