Saturday, February 13, 2010

i choose you everyday

We have a running joke in our house where Wes comes and finds me and says, "I choose you everyday." While this saying came about as the result of one of our silly conversations it has come to mean more to us.
To us, relationships are about choosing each other every day.
This includes the days you are mad, frumpy, dirty, tired, a pms-er, ornery, stressed, kind of smelly, inconsiderate, etc. This saying helps me to remember on the days that aren't so lovely, that I am making an active choice each day to love my husband and treat him like I do choose him all over again.
I love the moment when he remembers to come find me and tell me he chooses me everyday.
Happy Valentine's Day
...tomorrow...but we're celebrating today!

3 comments:

Emily said...

That is so cute. I love it. It's true - we choose each other everyday - regardless of how we might be mad, etc. one day. I love this! :)

Megan said...

I love this...I always try to remember this as well, that even on the days when I'm really annoyed or feeling bad, I chose this and continue to choose it because it brings ultimate happiness. Thanks for the extra reminder and sweet insight into your marriage! :) Happy Valentine's Day to you guys!

rYLeE & KaTiE said...

Ok, I LOVE that saying!!! I think you and Wes are just the cutest!! I'm so happy he chose you as well. Because I can't imagine another Mrs. Bell that I would like as much as you or another Mrs. Bell that would make such a darling Halle!!