Tuesday, July 6, 2010

happy birthday

miss halle bell
two years ago today i held you in my arms, not my belly, for the first time.
i had no idea the next two years would be filled with
so much exhaustion
so much frustration
so much finding nemo
so many mini m&m's
so many "mommy, mommy, mommy's"
so much poo in the tub.
and so much love.
but you should know
you are my dream come true.
when i was a little girl and my parents would ask me what i wanted to be when i grew up, i would always say,
"a driving mom"
it was always my wish and deepest desire to be a mom
i can honestly say i have never wanted be anything else
besides that time in the 90's when i wished i could be gwen stefani with platinum blonde hair and front a band of boys.
so when you were born i felt complete and whole
my dream was realized
my wish fulfilled
and turns out you are the most beautiful, sweet, and amazing baby a girl could ask for
we sure love you!
happy birthday kikster!

5 comments:

Megan said...

This is the sweetest thing ever!

Happy Birthday to your adorable little dream come true. :)

Whitney said...

I love this post. I really love how much you love being a mom. It makes me excited for when it is my turn. I totally remember being asked what I wanted to be when I grew up and saying "lawyer" but thinking "a mom."

miller time all the time said...

your making me soo excited to be a mom! i know im going to enjoy it soo much! she is such a pretty little girl! i cant believe its already been two years!

Emily said...

Happy birthday to Halle! I love this post! I can't believe she is two now! She was and IS adorable! I'm glad you get to love her and hold her and treasure her! You make a great mom!

Christy said...

happy birthday to her! i can't wait to see the celebratory photos. :)