Saturday, August 1, 2009

dear air supply

Last night I went to your concert at the Sandy Ampitheatre. I loved it. No, really, I like love love loved it. I don't know if you knew this or not, but seeing you in concert was one of the things on my "Stuff I Have to do Before I Die" list (also known as a bucket list if you keep up with movies and all that). I can't thank my in-laws enough for the tickets (we had great seats, 6th row center!) The concert was way better then I imagined it would be. I thought I would be disappointed because you are so old (no offense, but you had five #1 singles in a row almost 30 yrs. ago). I can't believe your voice was the same and I think even a little better then the CD! My husband (who really is not a fan, although he did buy your CD when he first met me to get to know me better because he knew I was so into you) went with me and he even liked the show and was screaming for you. That is a very rare happening because he never screams at anything.
Remember when you pointed at me and winked at me during one of your songs. And then remember when I was up at the front and you grabbed my hand. And remember when you sang "Making Love Out of Nothing At All"? I don't know if you knew, but that is my favorite song and you guys were crazy good.

I feel like I need to apologize to you for the sad excuse for an audience that was in attendance. They weren't waving their arms or standing up or screaming or clapping or anything that you tried to get them to do. Don't be offended, unlike you, those people just get less and less energetic with age. Can you believe that the old biddies behind me actually told me to sit down in the middle of your encore? I swear if someone tells me to sit down one more time at a concert I might lose it (it has happened before). Who just sits at a concert that is not featuring a philharmonic orchestra? Not cool. But I didn't mind I just went out into the aisle and started dancing out there. I also need to apologize for my screaming voice. After I had my baby my voice got noticably lower. (Weird huh? I have never heard of this phenomenon, but it definitely happened) Anyways, as my voice got lower I found I could not scream like I used to. It just won't come out. I miss it. I can't scream at my sis. in-laws' events either which, I'm sure everyone else is glad about, but I am sad about it. So I was doing my low voice scream that you probably couldn't hear, sorry.

I close with this picture of me. Yes, I am the one in the purple shirt with my hands up rocking out. No, I am not a freaky psycho fan, I was just way into everything. As you can see I was having the time of my life. But remember that girl standing to my left with the white baseball t-shirt that says "air supply." Yeah, she is the girl that walked up to you when you were coming into the audience and gave you a hug out of nowhere. Now that was kind of scary. Thank you for the most memorable concert ever, alomst 30 years later you are still melting people's faces off!

Love, Megan

What? You don't know who or what Air Supply is? Click here and get educated.

2 comments:

Megan said...

haha, I love it! Sounds like you had so much fun! That picture at the very end is the best. I love concerts--just wish I had the money to go to more of them!

Katie said...

You are so great! Love it and love you. Lets play soon!