Monday, March 1, 2010

and how are we doing?

How am I doing on my goals for the year?
Time for my monthly check up.
  • Attend the temple at least once a month: Made it, in the middle of the month, and even went to a new temple. Go us.
  • Eat better: ...ummm...don't worry, I fell off the wagon for awhile, but today I am back.
  • Read some classics: Finished Anna Karenina. Three words that describe that book would probably have to be--adultery, politics, farming. Only one more classic left (Sense and Sensibility) on my have to read list and thanks to my lovely friend Katie, I have many more classics waiting for me that I am so excited to dive into.
  • Plan a trip: Still in the works. We may need to plan something closer to home and go somewhere that isn't "all about the benjamins, baby." Kind of a wait and see thing.
  • Learn to bake something: Successfully made chocolate chip cookies, snickerdoodles, and peanut butter cookies. I am getting the cookie thing down. I also conquered my mom's amazing salsa, which I should share sometime although it may be too good to share.
  • Serve my family, neighbors, and young women: Does lending eggs and vanilla count as serving? I volunteered to teach the young women a hula this week at our mutual luau. I think that is going above and beyond the call of duty folks. My hips don't lie.
  • Do pilates: ...hmmm... about that...
  • Teach Halle to share: Halle actually did really well this month in nursery and with her little buddies, not so much crying, but definitely much more violent this month with hitting and shoving.
  • Be lovely: I got most of our mountain of laundry washed and folded. I think that makes me the most lovely woman of all.

2 comments:

ok said...

First, I'm proud of you.

Second, enter my cake giveaway on my blog. :)

Emily said...

I think you're doing great on your goals! And yes, sharing with neighbors completely counts as service! :)

Also, I'm so glad you and Wes like the mail sorter! :)