Friday, March 19, 2010

twenty four

A few days before my birthday Wes sent me a text and asked me if I could believe that I was going to be 23. I told him no I couldn't believe that because I was actually going to be 24. But, if he wants to think I am 23, that's fine with me.
All I wanted to do for the big two four was watch Halle eat pizza. I think I now understand why my mom used to give us kids gifts on mother's day. There is nothing more fun then watching your children get what they want and enjoy it like only innocent children can. It really is the best gift. I guess I have reached that age where you find most of your joy watching you children.
So that night Wes took his girls out to the cheesecake factory for dinner. Halle got her pizza and nothing was more fun then watching her stuff pieces of pizza in her mouth and ask for more, more, more, more. The one other thing I wanted to do for my birthday was order whatever I wanted without even thinking about the number of calories I was consuming.
Well I did.
And I really don't want to know how many calories were in my dinner or my birthday cheesecake.
We ate cake and opened presents at the Bell's house. So many sweet gifts and my lovely mother in law and sister in law took me out to lunch as well. It was one of the most delightful birthdays, sitting in that restaurant eating good food and watching Halle eat her favorite food.
She talked to me about it the whole way home. It went something like this:
"mama mama mama eat peepa (pizza). mama mama mama eat nana (banana). mama mama mama eat wawa (water). mama mama mama eat bread." Repeated about 100 times.
Bless all you sweet souls for the texts, messages, gifts, cards, and phone calls. Way to make a girl feel loved.

2 comments:

Mandi @ Vintage Revivals said...

Happy Birthday Megan!!! Are you guys coming down for easter?

Christy said...

happy birthday! it sounds like a fantastic evening.