Wednesday, March 17, 2010

happy birthday

Grandma Nimer!
I love how you sent me a text this morning that said "Happy Birthday to my birthday present."
I hate that you were in labor with me on your birthday and that your birthday has taken a backseat to my birthday every year.
I love that you are the best shopping companion ever.
I hate that I don't live closer to you.
I love that you kept Halle alive that first week she was born. Seriously I didn't know what to do without you.
I hate that you don't get to see Halle very much. But isn't it funny how much she loves you, despite the distance.
I love that you know all the new songs.
I hate that we don't get to sing in the car like we used to.
I love that I have an amazing example of what a mom should be like right in front of my face.
I hate that today on your birthday you can't be right in front of my face.
I love you, my mommy, more than you know.
I hope you have the best birthday.
We love you!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Aw! Happy Birthday to you and your momma!!! :)

Emily said...

Haha, that's the exact same thing I was going to say! So happy birthday to you and your mom!!! :) I hope it was a great day for the both of you!