Sunday, March 7, 2010

mermaid shark

Halle has a favorite movie.
It is called "mermaid shark."
At least that is what she calls it.
You may know it as "The Little Mermaid."
She named it "mermaid shark" because one of her favorite parts is where the shark is chasing Ariel and Flounder.
Another favorite part is when Ariel's dad gets mad and breaks all of her treasures in her grotto. She has named that part "dada mad."
She is definitely a drama seeker. We may have a future drama queen in the making.
She laughs hysterically when Ariel is in the castle and Sebastian is being washed with the clothes.
She sings like Ariel and sometimes holds her throat like the sea witch is taking her voice out.
I am trying to find anything Ariel at the stores, but the little mermaid is one under appreciated princess who can't compete with the likes of Cinderella or Belle.
And probably with good reason.
She doesn't have very many redeeming qualities. She disobeys her super buff dad. She wants to be something she is not. She bargains with a seriously scarydevil octopus witch. And puts her friends in danger for some guy.
However, putting all cynical analysis aside, Halle loves her mermaid shark so I will continue to feed the obsession any way I can.

7 comments:

Emily said...

That is so cute! I love her "mermaid shark" singing! :)

ok said...

This is hilarious!! I love it! Mermaid Shark! hahaha!

Erika said...

Ummm, hello. You should talk to Alicia, or better yet Alex...perhaps they have some of HIS collection still lying around the house. All joking aside, you should check Disney.com. I have found princess pj's and such for five dollars there. Halle is such a little cutie. I love hearing hear sweet little voice.

Megan said...

That is too funny!
I was obsessed with the little mermaid when it came out when we were little... as in I watched it at least a couple times a day and demanded that people call me Ariel when I was swimming in the pool. So I think Halle and I are kindred spirits. :)

Ashlyn said...

OH MY GOSH!! HALLE IS SOOOOOO CUTE!!!

Michele Ashman Bell said...

I'm so glad you got this on video. Halle is so cute! I love how she copies the tune. And to think, I almost didn't buy that DVD. Grandma is on a quest for Mermaid Shark toys.

rYLeE & KaTiE said...

I just LOVE Halle... And I loved being there in person to watch her while she was watching the Mermaid Shark. She is so darling when she sings that song, I love it!!!! I'll keep my eye out for Little Mermaid stuff. I did see on TV that Disney on Ice has little mermaid, so maybe you could take her... I'm sure they will have lots of Mermaid Shark paraphernalia. :)