Wednesday, November 21, 2012

a halloween party

Halloween is a favorite holiday around here.  I just knew I had to plan a Halloween party for my little zombie skeleton lover.  We spent the day prepping for it and she was the best little helper.  She helped make spooky decorations and set the table.  She even made little red apple marshmallow "mouth" appetizers and was so proud of them I should have taken a picture.  
 Our guests arrived and we had dinner.  They brought pumpkins and paint.  
We decorated pumpkins and even Lily got to join in.  
Halle has so much love for painting.
We played a pumpkin drawing dice game and had a dance number with spooky movements for miss Lily.  Next came the mystery feely bowls.  We used cooked spaghetti for worms, peeled grapes for eyeballs, a rough sponge for ogre nose hair, and honey for monster boogers.  Halle thought it was real and was especially grossed out by the honey.  
Finally, I planned a scavenger hunt to find our rice krispie ghost treats.  Halle wanted to do it again and again.  We sent our girls to bed very happy that night and I think it will become a Halloween tradition in the Bell home.

No comments: