Tuesday, November 6, 2012

family pictures 2012


I am so glad we have these pictures of our family during this awful year. I like knowing I have something to look back on and see how far we have come even if wes was nervous about how he would look.
I know I say this all the time, but I am so very proud to call myself a Bell.
I love them like they are my very own.
Since the beginning of everything I have tried so hard to put myself in Gary and Michele's shoes.  I can't even fathom the idea of Halle having cancer.  Wes is their baby, a 28 year old baby, but their baby nonetheless.  I have admired their strength and their ability to come to the rescue.  And though much has been added to their schedules and work loads because of us I have never heard them complain once. They both have a gift where they know just the right thing to say to Wes to lift his spirits.  I can only hope to one day be the kind of caring parents they are.
I love you both.

Every time Lily hears a weed eater or lawn mower or sees a silver car, and sometimes when she sees a middle aged man in business clothes at the store she says, "bampa."  She has always had a thing for grandpa Bell and she loves when he pulls up on a Saturday to do yard work (except that one time he yelled at the bee).  We just feel better when grandpa was around and each time he came to visit Wes or give him a blessing I couldn't help thinking "everything is going to be okay now."
And there are my loves. And right after this picture was taken the storm clouds accumulated and a wild wind picked up with some rain.

I am so lucky I get to call him mine.
These girls are too much fun.  I love to be around them and hear all about the wonderful lives they are leading.  They are such good examples to my girls.  They are so very caring.  Not a week goes by that we don't hear from one of them calling or texting or playing with the girls and giving Halle makeovers, or sending us silly things to make us laugh.  Meals and treats and surprises for the girls.  Thank you for letting me in your sister club.
Halle adores them and kept asking me when she would get to take her picture with them.  It was the highlight of the session for her.  You have no idea how much her little eyes watch you.
I admire all of these women so much.  I really wish to be more like Michele.  I feel like she is the fixer.  Whatever issue any of us come to her with she can somehow find a solution.  Wes has always said from the time we were dating that he can feel when his mom has been praying for him because there strength added upon him through whatever he is facing.  I think to myself sometimes that I hope I am taking care of Wes the way she would.  She is the ultimate nurturer and hardest worker and someone I strive to be like.
 And then there are my girls who I need to do seperate updates on.  There is just way too much to say about these little ones.
Oh Miss Lily, my girl on fire.


 And sweet Halle full of life and imagination.  The other night she prayed that she would "bring mommy joy."  Kid, you have no idea.
 My goodness Wes, we sure have been through a lot.  You know I've got your back. Always.

I love you all so much and am so grateful for everything you have done for us. We truly couldn't do this without you.

4 comments:

Megan said...

That is one BEAUTIFUL family. Lovely lovely lovely.

Emily said...

All these pictures are beautiful! Probably because of all the beautiful and lovely people in them! :)

Christy said...

love these. you are such a beautiful family.

Unknown said...

The pink headbands surely look good on your daughters, Megan, especially the younger one. She looks so adorable. Hmp! I just want to pinch her! Haha! By the way, you pictures with your husband were absolutely cute.

Roselia Mangione