Thursday, November 1, 2012

it was the best of times...

and it sure as heck was the worst of times.
But it truly also has been some of the best of times.  There is one thing I sure love about cancer and that is that my honey is home!
He thankfully didn't have to work the days after he had chemo, but the next week he would usually work from home to stay away from germs.  I could see him anytime I wanted and he just seems so fragile to me I was so glad I could keep him under my watchful care.  It also meant we got to do things during the day we otherwise wouldn't get to do if he was his regular old healthy working self.  

hogle zoo
Halle had been dying to go to the zoo all year.  We picked a cool afternoon and showed the girls the animals.  The merry go round was a big hit and Lily didn't want to get off.  
The gorillas are usually the main attraction for Halle.  We found one tearing a box apart and eating the cardboard.  Wes said that is exactly what food tastes like to him.  Oh he makes me laugh.  
After the zoo we drove up the canyon to eat at Ruth's Diner among the gorgeous leaves.

the farm
We hopped over to the farm one afternoon, which is something I do quite a bit with our girls, but of course it is always more fun when dad comes along.  

hotel transylvania
there was also a special halle and daddy date to the movies.  

cornbelly's
Chemo makes him so tired and his lack of body fat makes him so cold, but he braved the fatigue and the shivering to spend an afternoon at cornbelly's.  Halle was happiest bouncing all over the bouncy houses.  Lily loved the big potato sack slide.  She wasn't quite sure about the tractor train ride, but she had Halle to keep her company.  We saw princess carriages and spooky spiders and witches, so many slides and of course the corn maze that they loved running through.  
look at how frozen he is
 He is so incredibly strong and I appreciate his ability to dig deep and forget what ails him for a few hours to make these girls feel loved.
Now if only I can figure out a way to keep him home now that chemo is over.

1 comment:

Megan said...

You guys sure know how to enjoy the roses, even if they have a few thorns on them. I guess when you go through what you have, you don't let life slip you by! Kind of reminds me of that talk from Elder Uchtdorf in General Conference. I need to be better about enjoying every moment!