Monday, November 12, 2012

happiness

This morning I walked into the bathroom and caught a whiff of Wes's cologne.
He had already left for work, but his wonderful, masculine smell lingered.
I had just finished reading "a tree grows in brooklyn" and I immediately thought of this quote:
“People always think that happiness is a faraway thing," thought Francie, "something complicated and hard to get. Yet, what little things can make it up; a place of shelter when it rains - a cup of strong hot coffee when you're blue; for a man, a cigarette for contentment; a book to read when you're alone - just to be with someone you love. Those things make happiness.”
It is a bunch of little things.
And I feel like it is my job to find those little things that have been strategically placed throughout my day to make me truly happy and content.
I just need to be looking hard enough.
So, for me, today happiness is happening upon a familiar scent and knowing your sweetheart was nearby.

No comments: